Hello and now I am on day 3 of keto and things are looking good.I am not craving anything sugary which is not how it used to be before.
Today was a busy day so I did not get to cook lunch but it is fine I was kept full by my late breakfast and for dinner i made a big meal for myself.
WHAT I ATE ON 8TH AUGUST 2018
The first thing I had in the morning was a cup of hot chocolate with whipping cream as My creamer since on keto milk is a no no.Who knew there was so much sugar in milk.
Then when I was in town doing my errands as I waiting for someone i hoped in to a restaurant and had a cup of tea with a fried egg and a sausage.Since it was a normal restaurant they did not have cream for my tea so i had strong tea (black tea) without any sugar.
I made a mutton stew with sukumawiki (kale) and baked some broccoli and carrots.I had the meal with a full creamy avocado as my fat.That is the part some people forget on keto you have to consume fat everyday and for me the avocado was my fat plus I cooked both meals with olive oil.
- 1 cut up carrot
- mutton meat cubes
- 1 bunch of broccoli florets
- olive oil for cooking
- bell-pepper green
- red onion
- 1 kale bunch chopped
- parsley dried
- garlic granules-got at healthyu shop
BAKED CARROT AND BROCCOLI
- preheat oven to 180 degrees
- place the broccoli and the carrot on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- add olive oil,parsley,cumin powder and salt on them
- mix it well to coat all the veggies
- space them out well
- bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- check on them from 15 minute mark and once broccoli looks fully roasted remove from oven and serve.
MUTTON AND KALE FRY
- boil the meat for 3 minutes in water
- once the water is all gone add olive oil to the pan with meat
- drop in the onion and garlic and fry for a while till onion is translucent
- then add the kale and fry till the kale is cooked through and if it gets dry add a small amount of water.
- now add the garlic granules,parsley and salt and cook till done
- serve while hot with an avocado.
That is it for day 3 and for the body update I will post after 1 week of keto to see the progress and compare.
My YouTube channel-youtube
Thanks for reading and do like the post.