Hello am onto day 2 on my keto journey.This is another what I ate in a day for 7th august 2018.
The meals are full of protein,fat and some carbs.
I had 2 boiled eggs and a bunch of strawberries.Then i took a cup of hot black tea with no sugar since am not able to tolerate stevia. That was my simple #keto breakfast.
I didn’t have a lot of time since I had to rush to town so I just drunk a whole bottle of kefir (maziwa mala).
Maziwa mala is keto friendly since it has no sugar and little carbohydrate.If you want you can add stevia to make it sweet but as a Kenyan am used to the taste of kefir so i did not need a sweetener.
I had 2 boiled eggs with kachumbari(salsa) as a snack at around 4 o’clock.Kachumbari is a Kenyan salsa made up of tomatoes,salt and onions.
The dinner I had was epic and very delicious.It was toasted cashews with chicken fajitas.
- 10 cashews
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 chicken breast cut up in strips
- siracha sauce or any hot chili sauce
- half an onion chopped
- toast the cashews on a hot pan then set them aside
- boil the chicken in a pot (sufuria) 4-5 minutes
- to a pan add oil then fry the onions till translucent
- then toss in the chicken and stir fry till it turns a bit brown
- add the red bell pepper and stir fry till they are cooked
- pour 1 table-spoon of the siracha sauce and salt
- stir fry for a bit
- finally toss in the toasted cashews and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- serve while hot
I ate it with boiled kale(sukumawiki) which I used as a wrap.You just boil a kale leaf whole till soft then put in cold water and it can act as an alternative tortilla wrap.I also applied cream cheese to the kale and then added the cashew chicken and wrapped it up and enjoyed it.
To see more of what I cook and eat daily watch my Instagram stories at https://www.instagram.com/mercystacy/ .
BODY UPDATE AT THE MOMENT ON DAY 2
That is what I ate and of you like the post do give it a like and a share.The fat am targeting the most is the belly fat i have had it for years and now it has to go.
#ketojourney and do have a lovely day.
Video of what i eat in a day