Here are 3 broccoli recipes to try.
The first recipe is:
- broccoli in pieces
- enough water to cover
- a pot/sufuria
- Boil water in a sufuria till hot
- add salt
- add the broccoli florets
- cook till a fork can go through the broccoli
- remove the broccoli from the water
- keep the water in a cup
- put the broccoli in a blender
- add some of the water you used to boil it with
- blend till puree
- taste for salt
- pour in a bowl and enjoy.
- you can add heavy cream to make it creamier if you want
- you can add other spices like chilli flakes and black pepper
This soup is perfect for cold days.
- broccoli stem/stalk
- food processor/handheld shredder
- if using the food processor use the shredding attachment
- shred the stalk of the broccoli after washing it
- pour the shredded stalk in a bowl
- add mayonnaise
- mix well
- put in fridge
- you will end up with a simple coleslaw
This works as a side dish.
The stem is usually thrown away but with this tip you can use it to make a coleslaw and reduce waste.The funny thing is that it doesn’t taste like broccoli it tastes like cabbage.
3.Broccoli Stir Fry
- broccoli chopped up/broccoli florets
- onion chopped up
- half of a red and yellow bell pepper
- garlic powder
- chilli (optional)
- shredded carrots
- put oil in a heated nonstick pan/wock
- add the onion and cook till translucent
- add the bell pepper and stir fry for 30 seconds
- add the broccoli and stir fry till they get tender for around 2-3 minutes on medium flame
- add the carrots and s=continue stir frying
- add the salt,garlic powder and chilli
- stir fry till well incorporated
- serve on a plate with rice or quinoa.
So those are my 3 broccoli recipes.
If you try them do let me know in the comment section below.
Video of Recipes